Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mountain Dew?!

I am breaking away from the books for a second here and moving on to sugary drinks also known as Mountain Dew. I normally have no cravings for Mountain Dew in fact quite the opposite I find the original melony and slightly lemony with a killer caffeine and sugar kick kind of revolting. I am usually sure not drink more than the occasional one once a month and usually not even that, the reason behind this carefulness is despite its immediate disgusting taste it can become strangely addicting and a Mountain Dew addiction is the last thing I need. The reason I even bother to bring up my distaste for this popular drink is that I find the new World of war Craft Mountain Dew flavors quite enjoyable. I wouldn’t have even tried these new flavors is my parents recently held a dinner party without me I may add and some kind guests brought a pack of the red kind with the ugly troll slash Orc (from LOTR: Lord Of The Rings) creature on it. After my dad and I both developed a liking for it we also bought the blue kind with the strange skimpily clad and clearly full of sex appeal for the guys elf like creature too. After some extensive taste testing it became clear that the red toll/Orc one was obviously superior in taste. Now all of these pop related occurrences are what lead me to my real point of this blog today. Why in the world would they put the uglier creature on the red pop if the red one is so clearly better than the blue?! I have seen the commercials where the two different customers each buy the different flavor and transform into the represented monster to battle out their differences. From this commercial we all learn that you become what you drink not meaning the pop itself but the assigned mascot for the flavor your either a troll or an elf. It doesn’t take a genius to find out that the majority of the population would choose the elf. So naturally I felt quite indignant when unwilling to sacrifice imaginary looks for taste I always chose to be the troll. WTF!! I don’t want to be a Troll I want to drink my favorite flavor and be a beautiful elf while I’m at it! What were the Mountain Dew people thinking?! If anyone else is as passionate on this issue as I am this is where I’d tell you to be proactive and do something about it but naturally since I would never do that and it seems pointless I will tell you to let your frustration boil and build up inside you and feel you helplessness on the issue and be a troll for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment