Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Final Drive Begins!

The final drive is just what it sounds like. It is the last drive you take in Driver’s Ed and it determines whether you have to drive with the DOT when you get your license. If you take Driver’s Ed through Kennedy Mr. Tilden requires you to memorize the entire route you will be driving while obeying all the traffic laws and parallel parking. The final drive is worth fifteen points and it is completely possible to go into the negatives. If you get off course, violate any law or have to ask for any help from Mr. Tilden he automatically deducts five points. To document the whole drive and events leading up to it (such as practicing for it) will take up a lot of blog space. I will begin with all the practice runs with my dad trying to memorize the route and then work up to the actual final drive. I will tell you what I got on the final drive now so you don’t have to remain in suspense. I was one of the unlucky few who actually managed to get a negative score (maybe the only one in the class), negative four to be exact. In my defense the route was really hard and some pedestrians shouldn’t be allowed to walk the street. In my next blogs I will write about how I single handedly endangered the lives of my dad and I not once but multiple times.

No comments:

Post a Comment